- Promote the excitement and rewards of learning to fish, and increase a Scout's desire to further knowledge and skills.
- Provide fishing program resource information for Units to encourage and enhance Unit-level programs.
- Develop or improve BSA high adventure activities to strengthen their fishing programs.
- Develop and certify instructors to teach Fishing, Fly Fishing and Fish & Wildlife Management.
- Provide fishery management guidance and resources for councils to help them deliver quality fishing programs.
- Develop and support national fishing events.
- Program: National Events, High Adventure Bases, Merit Badges, Council/District, Fly Fishing
- Fishery Management: Camp Fisheries, Conservation, Distinguished Conservation Service Award Program, S.T.E.M.
- Marketing/Communications: Marketing, Promotion, Tackle Support, Pro Anglers
- Angling Education: Training, CAI Development, Angling Educators, Angling R-3 (Recruitment, Retention, and Reclamation